Oahu to Hilo: Volcano Land Tour & Helicopter Ride
Go from a scenic helicopter tour, to craters and black volcanic deserts straight into deep green valleys and ridges where hundreds of waterfalls cascade down the mountain.
Once purchased, this tour is NON-REFUNDABLE and the tour cannot be cancelled.
Due to airline restrictions, passenger name changes are not permitted under any circumstance.
We can try to change dates, but there is no guarantee of availability. Airline change penalty fees may apply and vary by airline and fare type.
No-shows will incur full charges – No refunds
This tour is not recommended for women who are pregnant or may be pregnant.
Standard TSA rules apply on the commercial flight included in this tour. That means that you must provide us with your name exactly as it appears on your valid, government-issued ID. You must have your ID for airport security check-in. International guests must bring a valid passport for airport security check-in.
Tour highlights are subject to change without notice and may vary at tour driver discretion in order to take into account National Park Service advisories, weather advisories, traffic advisories, road closures and detours, and venue hours of operation.
No FAQs available
The Oahu Volcano Tour includes the top highlights of the Big Island, while dealing with your airfare and transportation from most Waikiki hotels. To get the mot into your exciting day, your driver will pick you up early in the morning. From Honolulu you’ll take the quick inter-island flight to Hilo on the Big Island. Try to catch a window seat on the flight, as the tropical sunrise from high above the sea is a sight to remember.
- 45 Minute Flight over from Oahu
- See the Volcano from the Air & Land
- Visit Black Sand Beaches with Green Sea Turtles
- View the Magical Rainbow Falls
- Learn about Hawaiian History and Traditions
No upsells available
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Volcano House Restaurant – breakfast buffet (No Host)
- Halema’uma’u Crater – viewed from Volcano House; remarkably changed since June 2018
- Kilauea Visitor Center – park updates & educational displays
- Steam Vents – ground water seeps down to hot volcanic rocks forming steam clouds
- Kilauea Iki Overlook – smaller pit crater next to main Kilauea caldera
- Chain of Craters Road – scenic drive; sections covered by lava in 2018 Kilauea eruption
- Devastation Trail – stroll down a paved path to see the evidence of the Kilauea eruption
- Kealakomo Overlook – sweeping coastal views, expansive view of lava fields
- Helicopter Tour | 3:30 / 4:00 PM departure
- 45-minute tour
- Aerial views of the remarkable recent transformation of Kilauea
- Cascading waterfalls
- Largest rainforest in the United States
- Rainbow Falls – waterfall cascades to a pool below, rainbows magically form in the mist
- Hilo Town
- King Kamehaameha Statue & Shinmachi Tsunami Memorial (Drive Pass)
- Banyan Drive (Drive Pass)
- Liliuokalani Gardens
- Richardson’s Black Sand Beach
Note: Lava is NOT currently flowing.
Volcanoes National Park
Are you on a short vacation to Hawaii and want to make sure you don’t miss a thing? Then leave the planning to the professionals, join a tour, and enjoy the view!
Once you arrive on the Big Island of Hawaii, switch rides and board a luxurious helicopter for a 45-minute spin above the volcano. Hilo owes its spectacular sights to the fact that an enormous active volcano is situated right next to the lush rainforests of the windward side of the island.
Since volcanic activity is constantly changing it takes just a little luck to find the most active spots on the day of your visit. Luckily, your pilot-guide is an expert on the area and will do his best to give you the most memorable experience.
After this exhilarating flight, experience the sweet side of Hawaii. Learn about how the most popular souvenir from Hawaii is grown, roasted to perfection, and used to make sweet or salty treats that always bring a smile to your face. Try some tropical snacks and bring some home to give your family a taste of the Pacific.
You’ve already seen the largest rainforest in the US from above during your helicopter tour. Now you can take a closer look at the colorful and exotic flowers that hide within the jungle. At the Akatsuka Orchid Gardens, there’s of plenty opportunity to see, photograph, and smell the unique collection of flora found in Hawaii. While visiting the Gardens, you can learn about the local ecosystem and see a wide range of beautiful flowers and tropical plants.
A trip to the islands is never complete without a visit to the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Enjoy a drive around the main attractions of the park, where you learn all about Hawaii and its volcanoes. Other attractions along our Volcano Tour are the Kilauea Visitor Center, Kilauea Iki steam vents, and the Chain of Craters Road. Visit the Fern Tree Jungle, where nature has started to reclaim the rich volcanic soi.
After this full day of island exploration you get to rest on your way home. Airfare back to Oahu is included in this package. Your driver will pick you up at the airport and whisk you back to your Waikiki hotel. Enjoy this complete Big Island package and leave the planning to us; it’s the ideal field trip for those who want to learn everything they can about Hawaii on a short schedule.
Guest have breakfast about 9:40 AM – at the Volcano House a “hearty breakfast” and can grab lunch items along the way unless you want to bring your own bag lunch.
NO-Host Breakfast Buffet
Know before you book:
- Bring a jacket. Hilo is rainy and the volcano can be very chilly (as low as 50F, 10 C) It can also be sunny, bring sunscreen (Carry on).
- Round-trip hotel transportation is included from convenient locations in Waikiki. If your hotel or the place you are staying is not listed, we will pick you up at the closest location.
- Tour departs the first pickup location at 4:15 AM and returns at approximately 6:30 PM.
- For guests driving themselves to the Airport: Meet Polyad Airport Dispatcher at 5:30am at the Hawaiian Airlines terminal, Lobby 3
- 24 hours prior to your tour, please re-confirm your pick up time and location by calling 808-833-3000.
- To meet aviation security requirements, guests name and birth date provided when booking reservations must exactly match the name and birth date on government-issued photo ID and/or passport for airline check-in. Passengers must clear TSA at the Honolulu Airport, please bring a passport or valid ID.
- Guests are advised to not bring large or heavy bags on the flight.
- All passengers will be weighed during check-in at the heliport, in compliance with FAA requirements which ensures the accurate aircraft weight and balance. Passengers over 250 pounds will be allotted two seats and will be responsible for the additional cost of 50% for a second seat.
- For best picture-taking and views during the helicopter ride, wear darker colors to reduce window reflection.