Special Volcano Tour from Oahu
After a quick flight from Oahu Spend a day touring Hawaii's active majestic volcanoes and more.
Once purchased, this tour is NON-REFUNDABLE and the tour cannot be cancelled.
Due to airline restrictions, passenger name changes are not permitted under any circumstance.
We can try to change dates, but there is no guarantee of availability. Airline change penalty fees may apply and vary by airline and fare type.
No-shows will incur full charges – No refunds
This tour is not recommended for women who are pregnant or may be pregnant.
Standard TSA rules apply on the commercial flight included in this tour. That means that you must provide us with your name exactly as it appears on your valid, government-issued ID. You must have your ID for airport security check-in. International guests must bring a valid passport for airport security check-in.
Tour highlights are subject to change without notice and may vary at tour driver discretion in order to take into account National Park Service advisories, weather advisories, traffic advisories, road closures and detours, and venue hours of operation.
No FAQs available
This is Big Island adventure! Stand at the edge of the world as you glare into a glowing crater. Explore active volcanoes, see how these violent eruptions created the world renowned Hawaiian islands, and cool off with green sea turtles on a black sand beach. You may not want to leave after the mist of the famous Rainbow Falls hits your face. All this and more is waiting for you on the Big Island and its amazing!
Image for illustrative purposes only. Lava activity is unpredictable & never guaranteed.
- Waikiki Hotel Round Trip Transportation
- Tour the Big Island and Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- See the Stunning Rainbow Water fall
- Black sand beach, where we often see green sea turtles
- Feel the Volcano Steam Vents Heat
- Taste fresh macadamia nuts with Chocolate
No upsells available
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park*
- Volcano House Restaurant* – Breakfast Buffet (on own)
- Halema’uma’u Crater* – viewed from Volcano House
- Kilauea Visitor Center* – park updates & educational displays
- Steam Vents* – ground water seeps down to hot volcanic rocks forming steam clouds
- Kilauea Iki Overlook* – smaller pit crater next to main Kilauea caldera
- Chain of Craters Road – scenic drive; sections covered by lava in 2018 Kilauea eruption
- Kealakomo Overlook* – sweeping coastal views, expansive view of lava fields
- Devastation Trail* – stroll down a paved path to see the evidence of the 1959 eruption
- Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Factory
- Akaka Falls* – epic 442-foot waterfall surrounded by lush, tropical vegetation
- Rainbow Falls* – waterfall cascades to a pool below, rainbows magically form in the mist
- Hilo Town
- Banyan Drive
- Richardson’s Black Sand Beach
- Liliuokalani Gardens
Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
Lava activity is unpredictable & never guaranteed.
Your exciting day begins when you are picked up in Waikiki for a transfer to the airport. Then board a 45-minute flight to Hilo on the Big Island.
When you arrive on the Big Island, you will be greeted by your expert tour guide. He/she will take you to all of the special places in Hilo and to the volcano.
Not far from the airport is your first stop, Richardson Beach Park. This is Hilo’s black sand beach, where you might see Hawaiian green sea turtles.
Next stop is Hawaii’s most famous waterfall, Rainbow Falls. This is a great photo opportunity; when the sun hits the spray from these powerful falls a beautiful rainbow is created.
Next you’ll head to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and stand at the edge of the Volcano House to view the Halema’uma’u crater.
Stop for a snack at the Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Factory and try fresh macadamia nuts.
Part of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park is desert and part is tropical rain forest. As you enter the tropical rain forest, you’ll see massive tree ferns and native birds.
As you return to Hilo, we’ll stop for a no-host dinner before you fly back to Oahu.
This inter-island tour is an excellent way to see as much as you can of Hilo and the Volcano in a single day. With transportation, flights, admissions, and narration included, we take the worry out of your volcano tour from Oahu.
Know before you book:
- Lava flowing is an act of nature, therefore we do not guarantee sighting of lava. Surface lava flows may be present but may not be visible due to environmental conditions or time constraints.
- The Volcano is at 4000ft elevation in a rainforest. We recommend bringing a jacket for warmth and rain protection.
- Bring a jacket. Hilo is rainy and the volcano can be very chilly (as low as 50F, 10 C)
- Bring sunscreen. It can also be sunny.
- There is a dinner stop. Bring cash or credit card to purchase dinner.