Nothing lights up the night sky like a volcano. On the Twilight Volcano Adventure, you’ll venture inside Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and have a chance to witness these great wonders as they sometimes put on a better show than fireworks on the Fourth of July.
Kona Pick-up 10:20am (Approximately. Specific time will be emailed after order) Drop-off 10:10pm
Hilo Pick-up 10:00am (Approximately. Specific time will be emailed after order) Drop-off 9:50pm
Important Volcano Tour Information:
- Places Visited – Visit must-see spots within Hawaii Volcanoes National Park (steam vents, summit caldera, cinder fields, rain forest, and lava tube).
- Meal Inclusions – Guests from Kona and Waikoloa are served a deli style lunch with assorted soft drinks, juices and bottled water. All guests are served a Picnic dinner, snacks, assorted beverages, bottled water, and hot cocoa.
- Gear Provided – Walking Sticks, Warm Wear and Rain Ponchos.
- Weather Conditions – You may encounter warm, cool, windy and raining conditions during the day. Be prepared for mud if it has rained.
- What to Bring – Dress in layers, have comfortable close-toe shoes (required) and bring a light jacket to keep warm.
- Tour Difficulty – Easy to Moderate; Guests should be able to hike on uneven paths or rocky terrain. Not recommended for children under the age of 5.
What You’ll See
See a real volcano up close and personal and learn how these magnificent wonders have shaped Hawaii’s history and culture. Journey through Hawaii Island’s incredible range of ecosystems and climate zones before experiencing first-hand the phenomena that makes it all possible – an erupting volcano.
As we go along, you see firsthand how the volcanoes affect Hawaiians’ lives as you pass several historic lava flows. We will break for dinner in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park where your guide will assess the weather conditions and decide on the best place to view Kilauea’s eruption. On most nights, your guide will lead you to Jagger Museum where you can easily see the red glowing lava below.
The Twilight Volcano Adventure finishes up with a ride back to your hotel. Depending on the weather, we may pass through Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa and stop to stargaze. If this is your first time to Hawaii, then no other night sky will ever compare.