Spectacular Helicopter From Waikoloa
Fly from Kona to see current volcanic activity at Kilauea Volcano in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park from a Helicopter.
Volcanic activity occasionally causes closures and detours that affect tour routes and sites. As a result, itineraries and stops are subject to change without notice at any time due to the continued volcanic activity as our guests' safety is our top priority. View Cancellation Policy.
Lava flowing is an act of nature, therefore we do not guarantee sighting of lava. Surface lava flows may be present but may not be visible due to environmental conditions or time constraints.
Why Can't I Select A Specific Departure Time?
We arrange each flight in order to maximize comfort and ensure that the aircraft is properly weighted and balanced. For this reason, we can provide you with your specific flight time once we receive the passenger information requested in our confirmation e-mail. We will contact you with a confirmed flight time at the email address and/or phone number provided during purchase.
Should We Take Motion Sickness Pills?
If you know you may get motion sickness then we suggest taking something before you fly. We provide a smooth ride and most people do great!
Children under the age of 24 months (2 years) will fly free when seated in the lap of a paying adult – proof of age required for lap children. Children that are 24 months and over require an individual full-fare seat.
The Big Island is gorgeous and well . . . big! This helicopter tour is the ideal way to see both her beauty and her volcanic fury. This tour was voted #1 by The Travel Channel as the "World's Best Helicopter Thrill"! Fly from Kona to see exciting volcanic activity at Kilauea Volcano in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
- Current activity at Kilauea Volcano
- Amazing white and black sand beaches
- Hundreds of waterfalls
- 2,000' valley walls
- Breathtaking coastlines
- 10 different climate zones!
- Physical Activity Level Easy: Suitable for adults, children, and seniors.
- Approx. 1 hour 45 minute* total air tour flight time Airbus EC130 "Eco-Star"
- Plus optional 15 minute stop in Hilo
- Tour narration by pilots who are State of Hawaii Certified Tour Guides
- All taxes and fuel surcharge included
Waterfall Landing at Punalulu Falls ($150 Upgrade)
- Waterfall towers at 1,200 feet
- 20-25 minutes on the ground for an unforgettable experience, perfect for photos & videos
- Beautiful, unspoiled, and untouched
The Airbus EC130 "Eco Star"
This aircraft incorporates all the latest in cutting-edge technologies, materials, systems and avionics. With the cabin having a 23% increase in space and theater-style seating you are offered amazing sweeping views.
Big Island Spectacular Helicopter Tour
Lava activity is unpredictable & never guaranteed.
Tour black sand beaches and lava fields as you approach Kilauea, the world’s most active volcano. It has been erupting on and off since 1983 and continues to provide a show for helicopter passengers. (Note: Lava is NOT currently Flowing)
The helicopter pilots communicate with each other to share information about the best viewing locations each day. Volcanic activity varies, but you will have the best chance of seeing it from a helicopter.
After departing the volcano, you will fly over macadamia nut orchards and coffee plantations. Just when you thought the volcano was the highlight of the tour, you arrive at the Hamakua Coast.
With lush rain forests and gorgeous sea cliffs, this coastline is not to be missed. The Hamakua coast has massive waterfalls that drop into the ocean from cliffs over 1000 feet (300m) high. You will see ancient Hawaiian settlements in a view only possible from a helicopter.
The helicopter tour from Waikoloa has an option to stop at a waterfall. We highly recommend choosing this option because it is an exclusive landing with 20-25 minutes on the ground. You will get photos of the magnificent Punalu’u waterfall that are one-of-a-kind. It makes this exceptional tour even more spectacular.
Know before you book:
- The Federal Aviation Administration requires that each passenger is weighed prior to departure. This weigh-in process is very discreet when you check in. For critical flight planning purposes we need to have the body weight of each passenger included in your order.
- Please be as accurate as possible when providing weight information. Any significant variance in the weights provided and actual scale weight could result in flight delays or possible cancellation.
- For each guest weighing more than 260 pounds on Eco-Star flights or more than 250 pounds on A-Star flights, an adjacent, empty seat purchase is required. The charge for an adjacent empty seat is 50% off the regular tour price. This open seat ensures comfort for you and all of the other guests on your flight. Please inquire directly with our reservations staff by telephone about the possibility of a comfort seat waiver.
- Don't forget your cameras
- Wear comfortable clothes (darker colors help reduce chance of reflections in your photos)
- Take something for motion-sickness if you are prone
- Helicopter tour is suitable for children, adults, and seniors